Last day

It’s our sad final day in Ko Samet.  Spent the morning playing at the beach, building mountains, swinging and swimming. It’s a beautiful warm morning.

I would be remiss to omit pictures of the most loungey cat I have ever met.  Zoe could pick up this cat she dubbed Friendly and it would keep its eyes closed, purring, and kneeding while she carried it around.  It layed on her lap,  sat at our feet and was super nice.  We weren’t able to find it anywhere this morning as we left, so Zoe was sadly in tears as we hopped in the back of a pickup truck that took us to the ferry a few beaches up the island.  It was a tough goodbye. 

The rest of our travel day has gone well.  Our slow ferry off the island was on time and an interesting assemblage of new-age followers said a nice long meditative prayer as we took off, while the German guy beside me downed 3 beers in as much time, and the French dad across the way chain smoked a pack during the 1 hour trip.

In the town of Ban Phe we popped into a food stall for some cheapo Pad Thai lunch before buying our bus tickets and getting some last minute souvenirs at the market.  Avi got a surfboard keychain and Zoe chose a fake pearl necklace.

The bus ride was fine.  Avi slept most of the way – we gave him some Thai motion sickness meds this trip. Zoe read and then she and I napped.  We passed cocoa, pineapple and sugar cane farms on the way. The bus goes all the way into Bangkok, but we needed the airport which is fairly out of town, so the bus driver stopped on the side a busy street and let us off.  It was near enough to the  airport that a taxi was about 3 bucks.

Got to the airport very early and passed an hour finding and eating at the food court in the basement –  with basement prices!  We checked in and spent a while waiting at immigration before getting into the terminal where we have found a kid playland to pass the next two hours before our flight boards.

Not really too excited to go back to the cold in Korea, but it will be good to return to our proper schoolwork (I bring some work, but not all), and see how our own feral kitties have fared the winter.  We left a big bag of cat food in a box for them.  

One comment

Leave a Reply